A 32-year-old UAE-based Indian man sustained severe burn injuries while he tried to save his wife from a fire at their apartment in Umm Al Quwain, here, police said on Wednesday.
Anil Ninan hailing from Kerala sustained 90 per cent burn injuries and is fighting for his life at the Mafraq hospital in Abu Dhabi, a close relative told Khaleej Times.His wife Neenu is also admitted to the same hospital, but her condition is said to be stable as she ad only 10% burns.. The couple has a 4-year old son.
Doctors said Anil’scondition is very critical.
The fire was caused by a short circuit from the electric box placed in the corridor of their apartment in Umm Al Quwain.