Chennai, Nov 25:
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister E Palanisamy had appealed to noble hearted people to come forward and contribute liberally to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund for rehabiliation works in Cyclone Gaja hit areas.
Many leading industrialists and prominent citizens of Tamilnadu have responded positively and have come forward to contribute to CM’s special relief fund.
The Gaja cyclone caused immense destruction in places like Nagapattinam, Thiruvarur, Tanjore, Pudhukottai, Ramanathapuram, Kadalur, Dindigul, Sivagangai and Trichy.And the following is the list of donors:
* MLA of Nanguneri, H.Vasanthkumar, a cheque of Rs. 25lakhs on Nov.11
* Chairman of TVS Motors, Venu Srinivasan, donated a cheque of Rs. 2 crores .
*Manageing Director of Citi Union Bank, Kamakodi, a draft of RS.1 crore.
* Managing Director of Shakthi Masala, P.C.Durasamy and T.Vasanthi, a cheque of Rs.1crore.
* Treasurer of DMK, Duraimurugan donated Rs.1 crore on behalf of DMK Foundation.
* Lyca Insitute, a cheque of Rs.1.1 crore.
* Head of Dr.M.G.R Educational and Research Institute, A.C.Sanmugam, a cheque of Rs.20 lakhs.
* Chairman of Velammal Educational Trust M.V.Muthuramalingam, a cheque of Rs.1 crore.
*Chairman of S.R.M Institue T.R.Pachamuthu donated a cheque of Rs.1 crore on behalf of the S.R.M Institution.
* Chairman of Dharani sugars and chemicals, Palani.I.Periyasamy, Head of Aruran Sugar company, Ram.V.Thyagarajan, Head of E.I.D Pari India Ltd, V.Ravichandran, Managing Director of Ponni sugar company,Erode, N.Ramanadhan, Director of Shakthi sugar company M.Hariharasudhan, Head of Rajasree sugars and chemicals G.Sathyamoorthy, and Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan sugar Private Ltd. have all donated Rs.1 crore cheque on behalf of South Indian Sugar Mill Association.
* Chairman of Ramco groups P.R.Venkatram and its Chief Executive Officer A.V.Dharmakrishnan donated a cheque of Rs. 1 crore.
* Chairman of Legend Saravana Stores, Legend Saravanan, a cheque of Rs.1 crore.
* Member of the Legislative Assembly, V.V.Rajan Chellappa gave a cheque of Rs.10 lakhs on behalf of AIADMK members of Madurai.
* President of Viduthalai Siruthai Katchi, Thol. Thirumavalavan, a cheque of Rs.10 lakhs.
*Actor Vivek, a cheque of Rs.5 lakhs.
Managing Director of GRT groups has given a cheque of Rs. 50 lakhs.
Along with the prominent citizens, the common people have rendered helping hands by donating around Rs.13.32 lakhs directly or through online.