Traffic changes have been made on the Marina and Elliots beach roads by the city Traffic Police from December 31 8 pm to Jan.1, in view of the New year celebrations.
Following are the traffic arrangements made on the Kamarajar and Rajaji roads:
1. All the beach roads will be blocked with barricades and no vehicles will be permitted
after 8 pm.
2. The vehicles from beach road will be permitted through Kamarajar road till
8 pm, after which the vehicles will be diverted via the Lighthouse road.
3. No vehicle will be permitted to enter the Kamrajar road (from Gandhi statue to War memorial) from December31, 8 pm to Jan.1, 1 am.
4. The vehicles plying from Reserve bank subway and Walaja junction to War memorial will be diverted through Kodimaram road to reach Anna Saalai.
5. No vehicles will be allowed in Dr.Radhakrishna road, Llyods road, Besant road, Bharathi road, Walaja road, Adams road, Kodimaram road, War memorial road after 8 pm.
6. Vehicles from Adayar to Gandhi Statue can route through Santhom highway via Kacheri road, Royapettah highway, music academy to reach Anna Saalai.
7. The vehicles from Kaaraneeshwarar will be diverted through Kamarajar road instead of Santhom highroad.
8. No vehicles will be permitted to ply between the ring road and Kamarajar road, and will be diverted through Srinivasapuram junction.
Traffic arrangements at Elliot’s beach:
9. No vehicle will be permitted to enter the 6th avenue of Elliot’s beach from Dec.31, 8 pm to Jan.1, 1 am.
10. In Besant Nagar, 5th avenue, 4th main road, 3rd main road, 16th cross street will be blocked. No vehicles will be allowed from Mahatma Gandhi road, 7th avenue junction to Velankanni church.
Vehicle parking areas:
Vehicles can be parked at Queen Mary College campus, Swami Sivanandha road, MRTS Chepauk, Lloyds junction road, Dr.Besant road, Lloyds Road, Besant Nagar 4th avenue, 3rd main road, 4th main road, 5th avenue, 2nd avenue, 3rd avenue.
All the vehicle users are requested to abide by these rules, according to an official press release.